Monday, August 22, 2011

Changing the world - Day 5

Hello all,

Had a bit of a bad night last night with a rather unfortunate upset stomach. This morning I wondered what good deed I could do from the comfort of my own home.

But the sunshine and some encouragement from friends inspired me to get out and get a bit of vitamin D (is that the one you get from the sun?) on my sickly skin.

What a brilliant idea. I'm so pleased I did it. Spring is really in the air, the cherry blossoms are blooming, magnolia trees are at their most beautiful and the birdies were tweeting away.

I thought I'd walk until something struck me and it did. I saw the local library in the distance and thought what an important service they provide. Being a huge book lover I had joined the library when we first moved to Woodend but in 2 years I've been about twice - when my Internet was broken at home.

So I slouched about the library looking at all my possible borrowing options. Surprisingly they were extensive (in the fiction section anyway) and I borrowed a book titled 'Dear Editor'. I thought that was appropriate at the moment :-)

So there you have it. Good deed for today was utilising the public library. I'm making a promise to myself to go more regularly because they're ace and where would we be if they disappeared?

Until tomorrow do-gooders x

PS - thank you to everyone who has left a lovely message of encouragement. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment x

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Good one KK! You're right, local library - great resource yet so easily forgotten about! Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than getting comments .. so wanted to say 'thanks for the laugh'. I'm up late with a cold and can't sleep - and have just read back quite a few posts and have had a jolly old chuckle. So maybe you can put that on your 'list' for tomorrow - good deed done and all that.

    Haven't been blogging in ages (pretty much giving it up) but hopefully I'll pop back again one day and see how the very looooonnnngggg 365 project is coming along.

    Cheers (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. I'm a bit of a library geek - love books! I used to spend all my time in the kids section with my daughters, but now sneak over to the Art & Design section, or grab a good novel or two. xxx

    PS: love your comment on my blog about your cat - made me laugh. As Linda said - another good deed done.

    ReplyDelete