Monday, August 29, 2011

Changing the world - Day 12

My good deed today literally knocked on my door.

I had just returned home from picking the little mite up from childcare when I heard a pounding on my front door.

I opened it to find a man laden with canvases who then thrust a piece of cardboard under my nose which explained he had communication difficulties. I continued reading and discovered he was selling paintings of scenes from around the area. Would I like to see them?

Well, yes I would. It's not every day an art gallery appears at your door. So I invited him in and he displayed five works he'd done, two of which were very pretty landscapes. I asked how much they were and he indicated to a piece of paper which read '99 each'.

I don't know about anyone else but the last time I had a hundred bucks in my wallet was in the previous decade so I had to decline. He'd heard that old chestnut before though and immediately showed me another note that said 'you can go to the ATM.' Cheeky sod!

Noam started crying so I told the artist that I couldn't go to the ATM but I could give him a donation towards his endeavours if that was acceptable. Apparently it was, so I contributed to his art fund and he set off with a smile on his face.

I'm not sure if this is the good deed he was hoping for but it's something, right?

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

No comments:

Post a Comment