Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Changing the world - Day 6

I've always fancied myself as a bit of a singer. My confidence took a beating for a while when I dated a singer but luckily we did not work out. So my passion was reignited and I have inflicted my vocals on anyone who's ridden in my car, anyone at any karaoke party / bar I have ever been to and any peeping tom's who've spied on me in the shower.

As I was zooming down the Calder Freeway today on my way to my Dad's place, I realised that as Chris de Burgh hit the crescendo in 'Lady in Red', I didn't quite. Actually I did not hit it at all.

My dad took up piano when he retired a/ because he loves the piano and b/ because he thinks it might ward off any possibility of Alzheimer's taking hold. Fair enough too. So I asked him if his piano teacher might be able to recommend a singing teacher to help me reach the heady heights of Chris de Burgh. He said he'd ask, she said she knew someone and bish bash bosh - I've locked myself in to some singing classes.

This is most definitely a good deed - just ask anyone who's heard my rendition of Lady in Red or anything else for that matter!

A friend of mine imparted some wisdom to me once upon a time. She said she'd always wanted to play the violin and had been telling all and sundry as much for years. For her 40th birthday she booked in for some lessons and was told that if she'd started when she'd first thought of it she would've been proficient already.

Hmmm - good point. By my 40th birthday then you'll probably see me at number 1 on the top 40! So you see - this good deed just keeps on giving.

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment: