Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Changing the world - Day 13

I have been killing myself lately trying to get my book finished. My head is constantly pounding with ideas and amendments and...stuff.

Today I had a day off. I visited my Dad. Went shopping with a friend. She colored my hair. Then I had a lovely dinner at a fave haunt with another couple of besties.

By the time I got home I was exhausted. But a different, nice kind of exhausted. Then I made the shocking realisation I'd forgotten to do a good deed!

OMG! As the kids say these days. I had no idea what to do given I was already in bed. My husband suggested something rude (you can guess) - I told him to go whistle :-)

I looked to Facebook for inspiration and noticed a little 1 on my messages icon. A nice diversion I thought! Who had written me a note? I clicked on it and lo, a friend had sent a link asking if anyone wanted to sponsor her wee niece in the MS Read-a-thin! No shit!

I love the MS read-a-thon. I still remember cheating in it when I was in primary school. All my neighbors would sponsor me for 10 or 20 cents per book but unbeknownst to them I was skim reading 100 Little Golden Books. On collection day I'd be collecting a good 10 or 20 bucks of everyone. Result!

My friend's niece had delightfully stated her target amount to reach was 20 cents. Ah bless! How could I not donate to such a worthy cause on behalf of such an adorable child?

So there you have it - good deed opportunities can pop out at you any time, any place. You just have to be ready for them.

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment