Sunday, August 28, 2011

Changing the world - Day 11

My good deed today is a little abstract but will ultimately save lives.

I have had some rather heated debates in the past with a couple of my friends regarding the cinematic credentials of the movie '27 Dresses'. I contend that that film has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, while some buddies are adamant it should be hailed a classic rom-com.

I was informed yesterday by a very considerate friend, that the movie in question was being screened on channel 11 tonight.

My good deed for today incorporates the following: unprecedented restraint at not putting my foot through the tv.

Ignoring an overwhelming desire to create a Katherine Hiegel voodoo doll and stick pins in it for hours on end.

Resisting the temptation to go on a wild, random shooting spree in protest that such an abomination was ever allowed to assault our eyes and ears.

So you see, sometimes a good deed is not what you do, but what you don't do. Amen brother.

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Forgive my ignorance, but "27 dresses"? Never heard of it.
    Although, I understand the sentiment toward various other cinematic performance vehicles piloted by Miss K Hiegel. Try not to hurt anyone. (Where do you stand on "Knocked Up"?)

    ReplyDelete