Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vulnerability

For today's post I have decided to share with you one of the more private tales from my past. I have always wanted to write. In primary school I wrote an opus with a friend of mine called 'Midnight and Patches' (catchy right?) It was about the excellent adventures of our respective cats. 

In high school I wrote a couple of cracking stories, including the famous - 'Bruno's Lips' - which I had to read aloud to several other year 7 English classes. In year 9 my creative fiction based on Sonic the Hedgehog won critical acclaim but to my great disappointment now, none of my teachers fostered this potential.

As a result I chose to study law at uni and the world has been deprived of my talents for many years. Well no longer. Now, through the beauty of technology, I can share with all 3 of you my inner most thoughts and observations. It also means that I can now debut my very first poetic work that I wrote at the tender age of 12. I still have the hard copy somewhere but I remember it by heart. That's how good it is. Alors;

The smell of the sea in winter
fills my heart with joy.
The strong, hard waves crashing on the shore,
that's what I live for.

I am almost welling up at the raw power and beauty of those four lines. I hope it has equally moved you.

Until next time x

1 comment:

  1. Midnight and Patches was indeed before its time. An epic adventure that surely would have earned its authors a prized Pulitzer if penned in the current day xo Kate

    ReplyDelete