Saturday, April 16, 2011

Life through a Lens

I was doing some washing up the other day (shock horror) and gazing out the kitchen window while me fingers wrinkled to a level beyond prune. We have a big tree growing by our back fence and for the first time I realised it bares some sort of berry. I was pondering the fact that I'd never noticed that in the two years we've lived here when a gorgeous Rosella fluttered into the tree and started to eat the fruit.

Briefly I thought of dashing off to retrieve my camera and start snapping away but I caught myself. No, instead of capturing the moment I thought I would enjoy it 'in real time'. So I stood there, hands submerged in tepid water, watching this little event.

And it was nice.

I wondered if the bird would fly home and 'chatter' about his morning. 'Just had the most insane berries from the neighbour's place. Seriously, you must go try them. Orgasmic!'

Must remember to look out the window more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment