Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Changing the world - Day 35

Today my good deed was to sign up for the Girl's Night In. On the off chance you've not heard of it, Girl's Night In is an annual fundraising drive to support the very worthy cause of women's cancer research.

Having had the misfortune of losing someone very close to me to cancer I am a big supporter of the cancer council and like to get involved. In the past, that has predominantly meant donating, but this year I thought I'd get a bit more hands on.

I've decided to host an evening with all my friends (well, those available anyway) with good food (well, tasty food anyway), good wine (well, cask wine anyway) and possibly a few good movies (well, movies with Patrick Swayze anyway).

I'm excited. I hope it's not just me on a bean bag with 3 weeks worth of potato chips on my lap feeling rather demoralised as Johnny Castle grinds up against Baby. I'm counting on you ladies!

Anyone can get involved in Girls Night In - just head to http://www.girlsnightin.com.au/
and set yourself up. Piece of piddle.

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

No comments:

Post a Comment