Thursday, September 1, 2011

Changing the world - Day 15

Today I had a bit of a stinker. Working away at trying to get my book published and had a most disheartening conversation with an agent. Ho hum - it's damn near impossible to get your work read by anyone these days. Though, as a wise person once told me, if it's good enough it will find a home. Here's hoping.

So my good deed for the day (for myself - was just just to get out of the house) but for the greater community - I helped out upliftbras.org

What on earth is upliftbras.org I hear you cry? Well, you know that cool, boobalicious shop Bodywise that I took my friend to the other day? They collect second hand bras for women in third world countries who would otherwise go without. I took a stack of bras down there that I don't wear anymore and hopefully someone, somewhere will soon be getting around in my rather comely Elle Macpherson Intimates.

I can't believe I was whinging to a friend yesterday about how hard it is when you're pregnant to find a good bra that's supportive. At least I can wrap my bazooms up in something! Imagine letting them hang loose 24/7 - no thank you umpire.

If you feel so inclined - check out the upliftbras website here: http://www.upliftbras.org/
You don't have to go to my friends at Bodywise in Woodend to donate - but if you'd like to visit them too then here's their deets: http://www.bodywise.com.au/

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

1 comment:

  1. I love how you make me laugh, even when you're having a bad day! I for one would love to read your book after reading your blog posts. I'm off to check out the upliftbras website now - I would never have thought someone would want my old bras. xxx

    ReplyDelete