Saturday, September 3, 2011

Changing the world - Day 17

Busy, busy day today. Noam's first birthday was a raging success and the little man had a cracking time with all his peeps. All the guests had a big cuddle and he even tasted his first cupcake from Gild & Grace blogger Abbey. What a lucky boy.

My good deed for the day was something I try to do as often as possible and I hope it has some small impact. At Coles buying foodstuffs for the party I found myself in the 'breakfast' ailse looking for peanut butter...what would a 1st birthday party be without spiders? (Chocolate, peabut butter and Mr Changs dried noodles - unbelievable!)

Anyhoo...in the peanut butter ailse and I noticed there were two varieties of the Coles home brand dominating the shelves. On top of which they had the cheek to put a sign beside a competitor brand saying 'pay 68% less with Coles brand' and an arrow pointing customers in the right direction. Really? I would've thought that was pretty low.

So I bought the competitor brand. I know the homebrand stuff is cheaper but I just hate the thought that Coles (and Woolworths) are in such a powerful position that they can just flood the market with all their homebrand crap. I feel sorry for the other guys.

I know it's just a little protest but I still think it qualifies as a good deed. Stickin it to the man!

Until tomorrow do-gooders xx

No comments:

Post a Comment