Monday, May 16, 2011

Careful with that wax dear...

Generally, I understand the need for a business to try and up-sell. I get it. They need to make as much money as possible and if a customer is buying one thing then why not try and make them buy two or three? Makes sense. But there is one industry in particular that needs to realise the up-sell is not merely the harmless money-maker that it is in other sectors.


Beauty industry hear me now! If I come in for an eyebrow threading or eyebrow shaping do not ask me if I would like my lip or chin done as well. Chances are I’m already aware of the little fuzzy mass that resembles a full-blown handlebar mo under the unforgiving lights of your salon. I do not need to be reminded of it’s embarrassing existence and I can assure you I would ask for the treatment if I wanted it. Perhaps I have an ulterior method of mo removal that you are unaware of and I am slightly behind with. Perhaps I look worse with the bright red (albeit hair-free) skin that I leave with than I did with the little 'tash. The reason could be anything, but one thing is for sure, you don't need to point it out to me.


Same goes for all you waxers out there. If I don’t book in for a crack wax, don’t offer me one when I’m getting the old bikini line tidied up. Again, there’s probably a good reason I'm not having it done. Like burning hot wax near my aah-noose makes me do a reflex poo that would not be appropriate in your salon or on your finely manicured hands.


You get me? Ta.


Until tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment