Monday, May 9, 2011

At the Movies...

One day, a few years ago, I visited a friends place, lets call her Kiwi, and along with a couple of other mates we watched a movie that we unanimously agreed was the worst movie ever made. It was called 27 Dresses.

Recently, at a dinner with another group of friends this movie came up in discussion and I proceeded to unleash a belated verbal assault on the abomination, which was met with some opposition. I was absolutely flabbergasted. To think that any of my friends would consider the movie anything other than a rotten corpse's foul stench of a film was incredible to me.

As if I wasn't horrified enough already, one of my friends, I'll call her Big Mac, then proceeded to produce the offending film from her own collection! The poor girl had actually paid money for the stinking pile of Hollywood faeces. She offered the DVD to another chum, I'll call her Lego, who had not seen the film but was intrigued by the controversy it had caused.

I received a text message yesterday from Lego, saying she'd watched the movie and it was a couple of hours of her life she'd never get back. Indeed. An accurate summary. Upon reading this I turned to another friend who I was with at the time and said something like this:

'You know that movie with Katherine Hiegel, 27 Dresses?'

To which she replied, 'Oh yeah, I love that movie!'

WTF?? It seems as soon as one buddy sees the light I lose another to the dark side. For shame!!

I guess the lesson to be learnt here is each to their own, live and let live, one man's trash is another man's treasure and so forth. Of course, it may also mean that my '27 Dresses' loving friends are very, very sick and if their illness is left untreated may result in a terminal obsession with movies starring JLo.  

Until tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment